Monday, November 23, 2009

Backyard Campfire

Tonight for Family Home Evening Dustin built a campfire pit in our rocks out back and we roasted hotdogs and smores. Then we sang songs, read a conference talk from the Ensign, and Dustin and I took turns telling stories from when we were kids. It was so awesome. I love our kids. They are so smart and they have so many incredible ideas. I love that Savannah kept wanting me to squirt her with water in the mouth because the fire made her hot. I love that Melia found two sticks that she says are her music sticks and she used them to keep the beat while we sang. I love that Ethan thought he had to shout to be heard from the other side of the campfire. I love that my husband thought of using all those rocks to make a fire pit. I love that the honey-do I gave him of getting rid of all the branches I cut off the trees was done by having a blast burning them in the fire pit instead of doing it the boring way and hauling them to the dump like I suggested. I hope when the kids look back on their childhood they remember tonight and know that Mom and Dad love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment