Friday, November 13, 2009


THE DOG DID IT
The kids have all discovered the efficacy of blaming the dog for their misdeeds. The following occured just a couple of days ago.
Mom: Where are my chocolates?
Kids: Silence
Mom: Kids, I had a bag of really yummy chocolates I was getting out to share, where are they?
Kids: Silence
Mom: Melia? Did you take them?
Melia: Head shake.
Mom: Where did I put those?
10 minute pause.
Remmy (our one year old pitbull): sniff, chew, sniff, head waggle
Mom: What's up Remmy? What is that around your neck?
The missing bag of chocolates (now significantly smaller) was tied around the dog collar. This might explain the mysterious stomach aches afflicting my delightful children this past weekend. Next time I eat all the cake, or ice cream, or cookies, or candy, I'm blaming it on the one member of our family who can't speak for herself. Poor dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment